There are a variety of different windows out there, including bay windows, casement windows, picture windows and more. Each style has a unique application and use so we are taking a deeper look into the different styles of windows, how to decorate them, and how to care for them.
Styles of Windows
Windows come in a variety of shapes and sizes and depending on your personal style, preference and home – there are so many options to choose from. Here are some of the popular styles that you can consider installing in your home:
- Double-hung windows: a classic style with movable panels that slide up and down.
- Bow/Bay windows: these windows protrude out from the interior of the home, giving you more interior space and a great view.
- Awning windows: hinged at the top, you can use a crank to open the windows outward. An advantage of these windows is that you can open them in the rain as they open outward from the top.
You can really showcase your personal style with your window treatments and design. You can add canopy curtains to add a dramatic centerpiece while also keeping the light out or you can paint the window frames to add a pop of color. You can mix up your colors, fabrics, and styles to keep out the light, maintain privacy and still be stylish.
Taking care of your windows and properly cleaning them is crucial. Here are do’s and don’ts for cleaning.
- Do: open the top and bottom sash for ventilation
- Don’t: leave the lock in the locked position
- Do: use both hands to support the stashes while tilting them in to clean
- Don’t: use a high pressure hose to clean the outside of the window.
When it comes to installing windows, leave it to the professionals. That’s why the team at Paramount Builders is here to help. Learn everything you need to know about windows in our guide below.